Research projects in the GM/UM CRL in Advanced Vehicle Manufacturing are carried out in four thrust areas.
Each project is led together by two co-project leaders, one being UM faculty member, the other a GM research scientist. Other UM faculty, graduate students, and GM engineers and scientists also participate in each project.
- Assembly System Design for Lithium-ion Battery Pack Manufacturing
- Robust Joining Technologies for Lithium-ion Battery Manufacturing
- Modeling of Curing Induced Distortions in Hybrid Joining of Dissimilar Materials
- Intelligent Die-Face Design using Morphing Technology
- Characterization and Optimization of Preform Anneal Forming of Aluminum Alloys
- Modeling Product Variety Induced Manufacturing Complexity in General Assembly (supported by NSF GOALI)